Clock PSoC4BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
alma_284856
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Hi everyone,

I'm using a CY8C4247LQI-BL483 and for our application the use of the bluetooth is not necessary, I'm wondering if I can remove from my design the two crystal 32Khz(WCO) and 24Mhz (ECO). If I'm right I will be able to choose ILO and IMO as define in the datasheet's schematic:

0 Likes
1 Solution
manusharian
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hello Alex,

I think you can remove the crystals. The BLE only uses ECO which is driven by the 24 MHz as you stated. If you do not need WDT with high precision and also counting time in sleep mode the 32 kHz can also be removed.

My question will be if you do not need BLE why not choosing another chip from Cypress or other company. I think this approach will be cheaper in long term HW creation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
manusharian
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hello Alex,

I think you can remove the crystals. The BLE only uses ECO which is driven by the 24 MHz as you stated. If you do not need WDT with high precision and also counting time in sleep mode the 32 kHz can also be removed.

My question will be if you do not need BLE why not choosing another chip from Cypress or other company. I think this approach will be cheaper in long term HW creation.

0 Likes