Can't program part on CY8CKIT-049-42xx - No Target Selected, none listed to select

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
pero_4643201
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins Welcome! First question asked

I am trying to program the CY8C4245AX1-483.  I have a .cysch file with a PWM component.  On the PWM I have a clock and pin.  On the .CYDWR, I show the CY8C4245AX1-483 device and the pin.  I selected the pin and configured it to port P1(6).  I placed PWM_1_Start(); in my main.C file.  I performed a successful build (no erros).  My EVAL board is plugged into my PC's USB socket.  I have a yellow light on the board and a blue flashing light.  But I cannot program the board.  When I go to select target and program. I don't see anything in the list. Is it possible the PSOC Creator 4.3 application does not see the EVAL board?  If so, what do I need to do to get the PSOC Creator 4.3 application to see the EVAL board?

0 Likes
1 Solution
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

As different from recent PSoC 4 Prototyping kits, CY8CKIT-049-42xx does not have KitProg to program the device with SWD interface.  Instead of KitProg the Prototyping kit has a USB-UART interface which is used to communicate with the bootloader program on the target PSoC4.

Please refer the section "3.3 Programming a CY8CKIT-049-4xxx Project Using the Bootloader" in the document "CY8CKIT-049-4xxx PSoC 4 Prototyping Kit Guide" on the following page.

https://www.cypress.com/cy8ckit-049

PSoC® 4 CY8CKIT-049 4xxx Prototyping Kits

Regards,

Noriaki

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

As different from recent PSoC 4 Prototyping kits, CY8CKIT-049-42xx does not have KitProg to program the device with SWD interface.  Instead of KitProg the Prototyping kit has a USB-UART interface which is used to communicate with the bootloader program on the target PSoC4.

Please refer the section "3.3 Programming a CY8CKIT-049-4xxx Project Using the Bootloader" in the document "CY8CKIT-049-4xxx PSoC 4 Prototyping Kit Guide" on the following page.

https://www.cypress.com/cy8ckit-049

PSoC® 4 CY8CKIT-049 4xxx Prototyping Kits

Regards,

Noriaki

0 Likes