BLE Wont go into DEEP_SLEEP when WDT enabled with Interrupts

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've implemented the BLE low power mode using CyBle_EnterLPM(CYBLE_BLESS_DEEPSLEEP) as suggested in AN92584_001-92584_0A_V.  Works great and I get about 1.2uA current consumption.  No other components just the BLE.

When I add in a WDT in free run, still works... 1.2uA

As soon as I implement a WDT interrupt, even with a 2 second period, doing noting but returning, my consumption runs around 6-7mA

​I can provide code but it's pretty must straight out of the app note.  I've tried using the "internal isr handler" and my own custom handler.  Just curious if someone else has run into a similar issue.

Thanks

Blair

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Turned out to be an issue with my code.  Just make sure to update all your components

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

After some more digging, the BLESS is in DEEP_SLEEP mode and the call to CySysPmDeepSleep() is being made but the DVMM is showing around 7mA instead of the 1.2uA i was measuring previously.  The WDT interrupt period is about 1 second.  Is that too quick for the DVMM to react?  I'm using one of the better Radio Shack DVMM (I realize that's not saying much)   

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting closer...Looks like the WDT interrupt is bringing it out of DEEP SLEEP as expected but BLESS will not return to DEEP SLEEP state

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Handling via Technical Support case #3028224153

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

What was the outcome of this support case?  I am going to be doing the same thing and would like to know if I run into issues.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Turned out to be an issue with my code.  Just make sure to update all your components

0 Likes