BLE Thermometer Higher Resolution

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having an issue trying to increase the resolution (decimals) of the temperature received over a Bluetooth LE Health Thermometer Service. Im using the example from AN91184, and the temperature can only be received as XX.00 deg. 

To start, I tried changing the Thermistor configurations to have 0.1 deg for calculation resolution (instead of 0.5), and I also changed the max/min/mid temperature and resistance based off of recommendations from AN66477. It seems as though the ADC is properly calculating the temperature, but the HTS is not configured to send a high enough resolution.

I'm also using the following equip/materials:

• CY8C4247LQI-BL483 module
  •     
  • CY8CKIT-042-BLE pioneer board 
  •     
  • PSoC Creator 3.3
  •    

I attached the design files from AN91184 and the configurations being used on the thermistor.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

HTS is specified by Bluetooth SIG as a standard service. This cannot be altered. You may custom service if you want to send a different kind of data.

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

HTS is specified by Bluetooth SIG as a standard service. This cannot be altered. You may custom service if you want to send a different kind of data.

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes