BLE Dongle CySmart firmware re-program

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Just got the BLE KIT, and I am still exited with the fantastic KIT!

I finished the example of AN91267, Getting Started with PSoC® 4 BLE, however getting confused.

I am a newbie on PSoC, ARM, and bluetooth; trying to get data in Qt via BLE KIT. However, the firmware in the dongle is specially for CySmart.

Since the official firmware is .hex, is it possible that I may get an example c code or PSoC code to re-program the dongle and get data in Qt?

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, CySmart PC Source cannot be shared.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We do not have any examples for this as of now. You can refer to the source codes of CySmart and develop your own App. In the process if you have any concerns, you can contact the Tech Support.

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Madhu!

Could you please tell me where I can find the source codes?

There is a post of the IOS CySmart source code, but not PC windows.

Thank you!

Best,

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It turns out that Qt does not support Windows OS on BLE, but CySmart can work on windows very well.

Is that possible that I can get the source codes of CySmart on Windows OS?

And I am planning to install linux as a second OS, it would be better if there is source codes of CySmart on Linux.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, CySmart PC Source cannot be shared.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cypress did a very good job on BLE KIT and also on CySmart, however, I am not able to take advantage of those.

Since Qt cannot support BLE in Windows, and PSoC Creator/CySmart does not support Linux, is there anyway that I can get BLE data in Qt through live Cysmart?

Or, is that possible to extract BLE data from CySmart? Or, any other way to process BLE data in Windows/ Linux OS outside CySmart lively?

Thank you!

0 Likes