Is it possible to scan Mesh Device after it is provisioned ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LUAB_4724786
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 likes received 10 replies posted

Hi there,

Apologize if the question is too green, lately I was testing with wiced_bt_set_local_bdaddr(), wiced_bt_mesh_core_get_local_addr() and wiced_bt_ble_observe() just to make sure that I can scan that the mesh device nearby based on mac address. Somehow ... even though I set the mac address to make it easier to "spot" it while scanning with wiced_bt_ble_observe(), it seems I still cannot find my device.

1. Is it not possible to scan with wiced_bt_ble_observe() after it is provision ?
  2. I also read on the log that the "adv is stop" after it is provisioned ... is it related with this  ?
  3. is there a way to scan mesh device ?

Thanks and Best Regards,

LUTHFI AD

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

1) 2) Yes, Since adv is stopped, you cannot scan and get the device.

3) May I know the use case?  Could you please explain?

As per the spec,

"a unique Bluetooth BD_ADDR is not required for mesh operations. Instead, each node shall be assigned a 128-bit UUID known as the Device UUID. Device manufacturers shall follow the standard UUID format as defined in [8] and generation procedure to ensure the uniqueness of each Device UUID"

This UUID is generated during the initialization of the app. Please check mesh_application.c.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

1) 2) Yes, Since adv is stopped, you cannot scan and get the device.

3) May I know the use case?  Could you please explain?

As per the spec,

"a unique Bluetooth BD_ADDR is not required for mesh operations. Instead, each node shall be assigned a 128-bit UUID known as the Device UUID. Device manufacturers shall follow the standard UUID format as defined in [8] and generation procedure to ensure the uniqueness of each Device UUID"

This UUID is generated during the initialization of the app. Please check mesh_application.c.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Ok, thanks.

0 Likes