Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ModusToolbox Bluetooth SDK

ToKo_4602001
New Contributor II

CYW20819 GPIO can be set to various function like UART, I2C, SPI, ... with wiced_hal_gpio_select_function();

I'd like to know pull-up or pull down configuration of PUART input lines.

Is there some documentation that describe pull-up or pull down configuration by wiced_hal_gpio_select_function()?

Is it possible to change pull-up or pull down configuration for PUART?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61

Hi ToKo_4602001 ,

By default there is no Pull ups or Pull down configuration for PUART even with wiced_hal_gpio_select_function().

Regards,

Anjana

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AnjanaM_61

Hi ToKo_4602001 ,

In general its not recommended to have any pull up / down configuration for UART pins.

If you want like - some GPIOs to be used as puart for some time and then make the pins pull up/ down for some time means you can use wiced_hal_gpio_select_function to switch between PUART and GPIO functionality. And use wiced_hal_gpio_configure_pin API to set pull up/ down

Regards,

Anjana  

ToKo_4602001
New Contributor II

Thank you for your quick reply.

I want to know the pull configuration for P_UART with wiced_hal_gpio_select_function().

According to datasheet H_UART lines are set to the following configuration.

H_UART_CTS: I, PU

H_UART_RTS: O, PU

H_UART_RXD: I      (No-pull)

H_UART_TXD: O, PU

In a similar way, I' like to know P_UART confuguration.

Thanks

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61

Hi ToKo_4602001 ,

By default there is no Pull ups or Pull down configuration for PUART even with wiced_hal_gpio_select_function().

Regards,

Anjana

View solution in original post

ToKo_4602001
New Contributor II

Thank you very much!

0 Likes