Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Knowledge Base Articles

How do I switch between the 3-byte address and 4-byte address read/ program/ erase operations on Cypress's 256 Mbit SPI Flash device? - KBA203738

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I switch between the 3-byte address and 4-byte address read/ program/ erase operations on Cypress's 256 Mbit SPI Flash device? - KBA203738

Version: **

Translation - Japanese: Cypress 256Mbit SPI Flash Memoryの読み出し / 書き込み / 消去オペレーションの3-byteアドレスと4-byteアドレスを切り替える方法を教えてください - KBA...

Question:

How do I switch between the 3-byte address and 4-byte address read/ program/ erase operations on Cypress's 256 Mbit SPI Flash device?

Answer:

The Cypress 256 Mbit SPI Flash device (and higher density SPI Flash) provides commands which can use 3-byte and 4-byte addresses. This is done by setting bit0 and bit7 of the Bank Address Register accordingly. When a 3-byte address is used, bit0 = 0 and bit7 = 0 should be set in the Bank Address Register (power-up default value) to address the lower half of the memory locations. To address the upper half of the memory locations, bit0 = 1 and bit7= 0 should be set in the Bank Address Register. When a 4-byte address is used, bit7 of the Bank Address Register should be set to 1. Bit0 is a "Don't care."

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎Oct 15, 2015 11:08 PM
Updated by:
Anonymous

Contributors