Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob

How do I switch between the 3-byte address and 4-byte address read/ program/ erase operations on Cypress's 256 Mbit SPI Flash device? - KBA203738

How do I switch between the 3-byte address and 4-byte address read/ program/ erase operations on Cypress's 256 Mbit SPI Flash device? - KBA203738

Anonymous
Not applicable

Version: **

Translation - Japanese: Cypress 256Mbit SPI Flash Memoryの読み出し / 書き込み / 消去オペレーションの3-byteアドレスと4-byteアドレスを切り替える方法を教えてください - KBA...

Question:

How do I switch between the 3-byte address and 4-byte address read/ program/ erase operations on Cypress's 256 Mbit SPI Flash device?

Answer:

The Cypress 256 Mbit SPI Flash device (and higher density SPI Flash) provides commands which can use 3-byte and 4-byte addresses. This is done by setting bit0 and bit7 of the Bank Address Register accordingly. When a 3-byte address is used, bit0 = 0 and bit7 = 0 should be set in the Bank Address Register (power-up default value) to address the lower half of the memory locations. To address the upper half of the memory locations, bit0 = 1 and bit7= 0 should be set in the Bank Address Register. When a 4-byte address is used, bit7 of the Bank Address Register should be set to 1. Bit0 is a "Don't care."

0 Likes
Contributors