S6E1A11B0AGP20000 X0/X1 state

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrWa_2302706
Level 4
Level 4
50 questions asked 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi

May I know what are states of S6E1A11B0AGP20000 X0 and X1 pins if they are floating?

The customer measured X0 and X1 pins' voltages and got 1.3-1.5V when the board's powered. Is that right ?

Thanks.

BR

Grace

0 Likes
5 Replies
GrWa_2302706
Level 4
Level 4
50 questions asked 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Attach X0/X1 waveform

crystal.jpg

0 Likes
Amy_Qian
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins 10 solutions authored 10 replies posted

Hello,

it's normal, you can also see the datasheet for detailed information about X0-X1 circuit.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Hello AmyQ_41

I am not clear about your answer.

What configuration of X0/X1 will result in the output like what I posted ?

What's more, for the same hardware and software, the customer got two waveforms with different voltages and frequency for X0/X1. What's the reason for that?

BR

Grace

0 Likes

Hello,

when X0/X1 are floating, the waveforms of X0/X1 for all FMx Series MCU are as above, because these waveforms have no reference value.

maybe I do not understand the reason why customer is so concerned about this situation, customer can select X0/X1 as the main oscillation or GPIO function, if X0/X1 are floating, the waveform above is normal, but it has no any reference.

you can also test our kit board, remove the crystal of X0/X1, test the waveform when X0/X1 are floating, it will be the same result.

This is determined by the internal design of the chip.

0 Likes

Got it.

The customer uses FM0+ to do motor control. They find when X0/X1 voltage is 1.3 ~ 1.5V, motor could not start up, and when X0/X1 voltage is 2.2 - 2.6V, motor could start up normally. Therefore, they're concerned about it.

We'll do more test on other places. If you have any suggestion, pls let me know.

Thanks a lot.

BR

Grace

0 Likes