Create Your Own WICED Smart Peripheral Application

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

This workshop will go through the process of building your own Bluetooth Low Energy peripheral device application. The presentation and demonstrations will take you through creating the application using the Broadcom WICED Smart Designer.  This wizard includes creating a custom GATT database, selecting I/O peripherals & interfaces and generating baseline C code.  You will leave understanding the intricacies of the GATT database and the complex I/O structure of the Bluetooth SMART SoCs and modules in terms of pin multiplexing and configuration.  You will also become familiar with the BLE application software flow and where you will need to make code modifications and write your own code enabling your custom BLE device features.

Demonstrations will use the Mpression Odyssey Bluetooth SMART Sensor Kit as a target device.

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Is there a place that I can download the demo_app project source code and the EFM32 source code? Thanks!

Best regards,

Sam

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

79rpm troy.jones or jeremynigh should be able to help here.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sam,

Email workshophelp@macnica.com for any questions on the workshops.  This code is available, but we're not publically posting it just yet, so you have to email us to get it.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jeremy,

Great! Thanks!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a pdf or word document of this tutorial, my internet is too bad to open the vedio!

0 Likes
MiTo_1583836
Level 5
Level 5
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi naturesphere, I am working on it and let you know!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

0 Likes
MiTo_1583836
Level 5
Level 5

Hi naturesphere,

We put all the slides that we have here:

http://www.macnica.com/documents/10157/325673/IoT_1_Bluetooth_SMART_Concepts_vWorkshop_v0p4.pdf/cc53...

and here:

http://www.macnica.com/documents/10157/325673/IoT_2_Bluetooth_SMART_SDK_vWorkshop_v0p3.pdf/1a66dc9e-...

The summary is here on our Macnica page (under Training Videos):

Macnica

Sorry it took some time to gather everything!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 79rpm

If possible I would like to have access to the demo_app project source code.

Best regards,

Joao

0 Likes
MiTo_1583836
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Joao,

We do have the sample code for the HRM application running on BLE (introduced in the second part of the video). This is the demo_app modified to gather HRM data on our Impression Odyssey board.

I will send you a private message in a bit with my e-mail address.

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 79rpm

While trying to download a project to the Mpression MAX 10 FPGA I get the following error:

Download failed. This version of the SDK only supports download to BCM20736A1 and BCM20737A1 devices

I am using the 2.2.2 version of the SDK available on this site...

Can you provide me some information about SDKs compatible with my Mpression Odyssey MAX 10 FPGA?

0 Likes
MiTo_1583836
Level 5
Level 5

Hello j2duarte,

You should have no issue with the SDK2.x.

You will not be able to download code on the Odyssey if mounted with the FPGA. The firmware update of the BLE is made via the battery board (and proper setup of jumpers).

The steps are described in the User Guide below, chapter 5 Firmware Update:

http://www.m-pression.com/documents/10157/387dccdc-9e6b-47be-b53e-bd39e5f0b0c3

0 Likes