Creator "failed to reacquire device" - KitProg not showing up

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SuSc_283911
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First reply posted

I just updated Creator 4.1. 

The device on my CY8CKIT-042 Pioneer kit will not program.  The target shows as "CMSIS-DAP/248683 -->PSoC4200 CY8C4245AX*-483", protocol = SWD.  Prior to the update the target was the KitProg.  When I go to the device manager, the KitProg does not appear in the COM port section.

Very disconcerting.  This was working perfectly yesterday before I updated Creator 4.1 and now it's not working at all.   

I have just now uninstalled update 1 and re-installed Creator 4.1.0.2686.  The KitProg is still not showing up. 

Any suggestions?  

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Please follow these steps after going to Device Manager and share your observation-

#1 Right Click -> Update Driver software ( for KitProg )

#2  Browse my computer for driver software

#3 Choose the option "Let me pick.."

#4 Click Next
#5 Click “Have Disk”     ///Please confirm you are following this particular step. 

#6 Browse and select:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\drivers\KitProg.inf

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Please follow these steps after going to Device Manager and share your observation-

#1 Right Click -> Update Driver software ( for KitProg )

#2  Browse my computer for driver software

#3 Choose the option "Let me pick.."

#4 Click Next
#5 Click “Have Disk”     ///Please confirm you are following this particular step. 

#6 Browse and select:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\drivers\KitProg.inf

0 Likes
SuSc_283911
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First reply posted

The device does not show up in the device manager.  It's not in the Ports(COM) section.  It's not anywhere.

So, I'm not sure how to apply your steps.  Right Click on WHAT? 

0 Likes

Check the device manager when you are plugging in the Kit.The device should appear as "Unknown device"  if the host or PC is unable to recognize it.Then follow the steps for that "Unknown device enumerated.