CY8C4247AZI-M485 pin assign problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaKo_463136
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 10 likes given 5 likes given

Hello,

I have just bought a CY8CKIT-044 PSoC 4 M-Series Pioneer Kit, because I wanted a board for a quick evaluation of a few Arduino shields. Currently I am trying to work with a DC motor driver made by STM, X-NUCLEO-IHM12A1, basically it contains two full-bridges for driving DC motors.

The trouble is, pins P5.5 and P5.3 from PSoC are connected via the Arduino shield to the motor's drivers phase inputs for bridge A (and B). If I place the pins into the schematics and configure as output pins (strong drive or pull up/down), I get the following error during the build (for both of these pins):

fit.M0006:Pin Error: (Function __ONE__.q cannot be reached from this pin).

fit.M0056:Error in fixed placement for Pin_PHA(0): Function __ONE__.q cannot be reached from this pin

Is there a limitation of usage for these pins? When I click on the errors, I can remap the pins in the Design Wide Resources > Pins, however, because of the fixed position of the Arduino connectors, I would prefer a way to use the P5.5 and P5.3 pins.

Thank for any advice or help.

David

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

What "different" chip? Attach workspace bundle, so that we can see something. .png files do not tell the whole story...

Also: Some of the ports (depending on chip family) are not routable. For instance 4200 all ports >=4. Check your chip datasheet.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

I just tried these pins and tried strong drive and also a pull-up no issues.  Please post your complete code so we can check it,

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DaKo_463136
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

There is no code, just the schematics (attached). Pin_PHA and PinPHB were just placed from the component catalog and set Strong drive. I only connected a logic 1 to the output, but it doesn't work with any other HW connection - the same error. I tried another PSoC 4 (not 4 M as in the Pioneer kit) and this works without a problem 😕

Thank you,

David

0 Likes
lock attach
DaKo_463136
Level 5
Level 5

I also attached a complete workspace bundle.

David

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

There is no "Logical 1" signal which you can connect to a(ny) pin. If you want that behavior you need to uncheck "Hardware connection" and set the pin's "Initial drive State" to your required state.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
DaKo_463136
Level 5
Level 5

Oh... I didn't know that. I am confused now...

How is that possible that the other pins are OK with these logic constants?

I attached another schematics I normally use and get the same error. (But it works OK on a different PSoC 4200 device on pins I used...)

Thank you,

David

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

What "different" chip? Attach workspace bundle, so that we can see something. .png files do not tell the whole story...

Also: Some of the ports (depending on chip family) are not routable. For instance 4200 all ports >=4. Check your chip datasheet.

Bob

0 Likes
DaKo_463136
Level 5
Level 5

I tried the same setup with CY8C4245AXI-483 and ports 1 and 0. This might confirm what wrote about routability on ports >=4. I didn't know that and I have to admit I haven't read that part of the datasheet yet.

I just opened PSoC creator (4.1) to create a workspace bundle with the setup I posted in schematics2.png. Now the error is "Pin guidance unavailable: 'Pin_PHA(0)' cannot be placed at P5[3]. P5 cannot be used for routed connections." - so it confirms what you wrote.

Sorry for this misunderstanding, I see this error for the first time. Up to now, I was still getting the errors I wrote in my first post here.

I consider not fortunate to place such pins to the Arduino header of the kit, but there is nothing I can do about it at the moment. I will try to control the pins in software only.

Thank You very much for your time, Bob.

0 Likes