Bootloadable_SetActiveApplication error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a launcher-only dual-image bootloader and a combination application that it boots.  Within the combination application, I attempt to change the active image using Bootloadable_SetActiveApplication() call. The call fails. I traced the problem all the way to an SPC call failing within CySpcLoadRowFull(). I think the root of the problem is that SPC is not started, so calling CySpcStart() fixes the problem. I also tried calling CyFlash_Start() instead, but that one seems to hang in the while() loop.

There is no mention of having to do something to initialize flash anywhere in the Bootloader/Bootloadable documentation. As a matter of fact, the CySpcStart() call is barely mentioned at all when I search the website.  I am using PSoC Creator 4.1 - did something change with regards to this?

Anyway, I have a workaround, but I think this needs clarification and at least a documentation change.

1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

However, it looks like in order for the launcher to do the failover in case an image is corrupted, it needs to update the metadata, i.e. CySetTemp() also needs to be called in the launcher project itself, not just in the application.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, calling CySetTemp() is good enough, and it is mentioned in the component errata. So I guess it is a moot point.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

However, it looks like in order for the launcher to do the failover in case an image is corrupted, it needs to update the metadata, i.e. CySetTemp() also needs to be called in the launcher project itself, not just in the application.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to create the exact project you have done but not getting anywhere. I cannot find how to create the combination project. Cypress seems to not have examples. I have the need for loading 2 images in flash and based on inputs, switch between the 2 but cannot get this working. Is there any chance to have a simple example you can help me out with?

0 Likes