Adding an extra module and my app stops working

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LuNo_297436
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Im developing an app with CY8C27143
It uses all 8 digital user modules
I wanted to test adding a Comparator user module
So I just added the Comparator and generated the code for that configuration and the app stops working.
Trying to trace the fault I just unplaced the user module (Comparator) and regenerated configuration code, the app worked again.
Then i  removed Comparator module totally and added a PGA UM (just for testing if analog side had a problem), generated code and same, app stops working!
Then removed one of the digital user modules, removed referent code for that UM , leaving the PGA UM in schematic and generating configuration code. 
App works again! 
So adding a 9th user module seems to be the fault??
Can anybody  help in what i´m doing wrong or how to trace the problem?

Thanks in advance

Luis

0 Likes
2 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I even cannot build your project without an error message. Far away from checking assembly code. Why don't you use C-language?

Bob

0 Likes
LuNo_297436
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi Bob.

It builds on my machine, I´m using 64 bit Windows but either tried on a 32 bit OS and also builds well.

You need to send MIDI  messages in order to make it work.

The case here is , when uncomment DAC9 config and start lines, then burning the app, it behaves strange.

Have not tried in run time to change config.

On the C side I´m on my way slowly, don´t now why mi head refuses to grasp C concepts 🙂

Would you recommend me a C book with full of examples to try? Cypress used to have good App Notes  with a bunch of code but not any more.

Best Regards

Luis

0 Likes