BLE OTA Bootloader issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KyGr_1968351
Level 2
Level 2
5 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

I followed AN97060, section 5.3 to add a fixed-stack OTA bootloader to my BLE project. This all seems to have worked fine except that my bootloadable application no longer advertises itself via bluetooth (I successfully loaded an update via CySmart). The app note instructs me to delete the BLE component from the schematic of my bootloadable application. It doesn't seem to give very good instructions on how to include the headers that are normally generated with the project. I'm not sure I did that part correctly. I managed to get around it by adding the BLE component back into my bootloadable, but this eats up a ton of resources. Can anyone help me understand how I'm supposed to share the BLE component between the bootloader and the bootloadable?

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello,

Attached is a doc with steps to add fixed stack OTA for a BLE Central project.

However you can go through the way how you have to add the APIs correctly. And I have incorporated all possible errors which you may encounter. Please go through it for a reference.

Thanks,
Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
KyGr_1968351
Level 2
Level 2
5 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

By the way, I checked the result of CyBle_Start() and it's throwing CYBLE_ERROR_INVALID_OPERATION.

0 Likes
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

Are you facing issue with the Application Note example project ? Can you try PSoC Creator code example and check if you have issue with that? Can you post your code if you are testing with any of the development kit?

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello,

Attached is a doc with steps to add fixed stack OTA for a BLE Central project.

However you can go through the way how you have to add the APIs correctly. And I have incorporated all possible errors which you may encounter. Please go through it for a reference.

Thanks,
Anjana

0 Likes