Configuring the Power Amplifier to different modes

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Device: CyBle - 224116-01

Hello Guys,

The datasheet mentions that in order to turn the PA/LNA ON we need to write these set of instructions..

/* Enable the Skyworks SE2438T PA/LNA */
    CSD_Write(1);
    CPS_Write(1);
    /* Configure the Link Layer to automatically switch PA control pin P3[2] and LNA control pin P3[3] */
    CY_SET_XTND_REG32((void CYFAR *)(CYREG_BLE_BLESS_RF_CONFIG), 0x0331);
    CY_SET_XTND_REG32((void CYFAR *)(CYREG_SRSS_TST_DDFT_CTRL), 0x80000302);

What happens when we configure the link layer(what happens when we write 0x0331 to that register location)?

Do we need to change the parameter 0x0331 when we want to turn the PA/LNA off (or switching to any other mode)?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

The BLE_BLESS_RF_CONFIG register is used to DDFT mux. By writing 0x0331, we are bringing out the tx and rx enable lines so that they can be routed to external pins.

If you want to turn off the PA, dont change any values in these registers, instead change the CPS and CSD values, i.e. CSD_Write(0) and CPS_Write(0).

This link might be helpful:

How to Make Extended Range BLE Modules to Work as a Normal Module - KBA219463

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone tell me what 0x0331 means?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The github page: https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE/blob/master/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day027_BLE...

Contains some reference to the same register: CYREG_BLE_BLESS_RF_CONFIG,

but beyond it enabling the PA/LNA as stated in the documentation, I can't find any other information on it. Possibly the PSoC creator contains more information in the datasheets/code examples.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked the datasheet; but there's nothing much mentioned about this. Thanks e.pratt!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome Max, sorry I don't have better information 😞

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The BLE_BLESS_RF_CONFIG register is used to DDFT mux. By writing 0x0331, we are bringing out the tx and rx enable lines so that they can be routed to external pins.

If you want to turn off the PA, dont change any values in these registers, instead change the CPS and CSD values, i.e. CSD_Write(0) and CPS_Write(0).

This link might be helpful:

How to Make Extended Range BLE Modules to Work as a Normal Module - KBA219463

0 Likes