Can't open projects or workspaces after PSoC Creator 4.1 Update

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TeMa_1467596
Level 5
Level 5
5 sign-ins 5 likes given First like received

Yesterday I was prompted for an update to 4.1 (which I thought I was already on) so I figured it was a minor upgrade and accepted.  At some point it was saying it was 'repairing' my installation.

Yesterday, immediately after that update, I tested and was able to open my workspace/project.  This morning, I ran up and found that PSoC creator won't open ANY of my projects or workspaces, it gives the following error message....

Unable to open the project "C:\Users\ted\Documents\PSoC Creator\Zansors\Garfield5f-1.cydsn\Garfield5f-1.cyprj": The data was not formatted correctly: The version value 'CyDesigner.Common.ProjMgmt.Model.CyPrjMgmtFolderSerialize' for type '3' is an unknown version.. This could mean that the data was corrupted or that it was created by an unsupported software version.

If you can't fix this quickly, like today, please explain how I get back to the version I was running yesterday.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

That error generally comes if you open a project in a Latest version of Creator and then you try to open the project in some previous version of Creator.

Are you able to recreate the issue again.

If yes, please mention the steps.

This issue is not related to workspace being in a user folder on the C: drive

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
TeMa_1467596
Level 5
Level 5

I got it to load.  I shut down PSoC Creator and then navigated through Windows Explorer to the folder that contained Zansors.cywrk, double clicked on that and PSoC Creator ran up and opened the 2 projects in that workspace with no error messages - I was also able to build my project without errors.

This is worrying, I'm about to back everything up but still think that someone at Cypress should look into this issue.  It may be because I have the workspace in a user folder on the C: drive?

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

That error generally comes if you open a project in a Latest version of Creator and then you try to open the project in some previous version of Creator.

Are you able to recreate the issue again.

If yes, please mention the steps.

This issue is not related to workspace being in a user folder on the C: drive

0 Likes
TeMa_1467596
Level 5
Level 5

You are correct.  What caused that issue is that I type "PSOC" into the Cortana search box of my Windows 10 desktop to find PSoC Creator and, prior to the update I just applied, the top item that popped up in the left hand application list was PSoC Creator 4.1, but now it is 4.0 so I clearly did try to open my project with 4.0 when I saw that message - the update or 'repair' seems to have cleared the 4.1 entry from that start list.

Instead I click on the Windows icon (bottom left) and see PSoC Creator 4.1 as a recently installed application.  It now opens without any issue from within PSoC Creator 4.1 (Update 1)

0 Likes