5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2017 7:23 PM by dazzas16_1685686

Simple Capacitive Switch with LEDs

dazzas16_1685686

Hi All,

I bought the CY8CKIT-040 PSoC 4000 pioneer kit about a year ago and it worked great for a project i needed it for back then, problem is i have forgotten most things i learned about it.

I am using PSoC Creater 4.1 and i would love a little help or advice from someone so i can get my head back around it.

I have a simple two track Capacitive switch. It has a center electrode and then a outside trace that is the ground.

I know how to change the pin so it reads the single electrode but i have no idea or understanding how to make the pin next to it perform as the ground pin for this switch.

Also i need to hook up one or two LEDs and what i would like to happen is for the controller to have the capacitive switch and leds plugged in and when the button is pushed/sensed for it to simply turn on the leds while it is being pushed.

I would of loved to of done a proximity sensor as well to light up a seperate LED for backlighting when a hand went near it but i dont think i have the time or skills to implement that as well.

I would appreciate any advice that could be given as i am a bit of a noob with this stuff.

Kind regards,

Darren