The FX3 cannot re-enumerate after download UVC firmware from AN75779.zip

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_1516091
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 10 questions asked

The FX3 cannot re-enumerate after download UVC firmware program from AN75779.zip.And I use 1.3.3 version of FX3 SDK .The SDK provide UVC example program also cannot re-enumerate after download UVC firmware program ,but other eaxmple program such as slavefifo can re-enumerate successfully.I do not know whether it's related to inf files.The control center can enumerate The FX3 bootloader device mode. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

When AN75779 example project is loaded onto FX3, it will enumerate as a UVC class device, as the USB descriptors are reported that way. In this case, FX3 will bind to the Microsoft UVC driver.

You can see 'FX3' under Imaging devices section of Device Manager.

When an example project such as SlaveFifo is loaded onto FX3, it will enumerate as a vendor class device and binds to the Cypress driver.

Control Center displays only the devices that are binded to Cypress driver.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

When AN75779 example project is loaded onto FX3, it will enumerate as a UVC class device, as the USB descriptors are reported that way. In this case, FX3 will bind to the Microsoft UVC driver.

You can see 'FX3' under Imaging devices section of Device Manager.

When an example project such as SlaveFifo is loaded onto FX3, it will enumerate as a vendor class device and binds to the Cypress driver.

Control Center displays only the devices that are binded to Cypress driver.

OK,rghe,I see.Thank you very much.

I have a question about slavefifo example.My original data has some special feature.The first data period has 1024 byte data and The second data period has no data .The third data period has 1024 byte data and the fourth data period has no data,and the rest follows in the same regual pattern.Every data period has same time.When I add a control signal in FPGA,the  fifo  is work normal in FPGA  by watching altera signaltap II,but the USB3014 cannot work in no data period, because the host software will stop data acquiration .Why the auto DMA cannot move data to usb endpoint automatically in no data period and lead to the FX3 fifo is full?So My fpga will not work if I add FX3 FIFO full flag signal .

0 Likes