Lack of row stability in the symbol parameter editor

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been working on a component that has a significant number of parameters and find this "feature" a mean torture.    Anytime you try to do something on a parameter on the bottom of a long list and then touch a nearby one, the list scrolls back to the top, lossing focus on the one just touched.

I invite you to try this:   Make a dummy component and create a few parameters A1, B1,C1...   Then select all of them, copy and then paste multiple times, lets say 5 times.    Then try to rename the ones in the bottom of the list to make An instead of A1_n...

Lets say the bottom one is D1_5.   Rename it to D6 and touch the previous row name to proceed with it.    Too bad, the list is gone to the top!

0 Likes
7 Replies
bharadhwajas_91
Employee
Employee
First like received First like given

Hi ,

I tried to reproduce the same at my end, I don't see the behavior you are referring to or I have not understood what you are saying ,attaching the screenshot of parameter window.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Please also mention PSoC Creator version.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hmm...    Running on latest 4.1 Update 1.    Windows 7 at current important maintenance levels and all .NET excluding last KB3186497 issued on June 27.   I noticed your pasted screen has the tabs on the bottom while in mine are on the top.   Is that a setting?  I doubt that has any effect on the problem.

I have just recreated it. 

- New component. 

- Added parameters A1, B2... E1. 

- Selected/copy/paste multiple times.

- Scroll to last parameter  E1_6

- Touch name and append a 1.  Now it is E1_61, still selected.

- Touch name just above it, E1_5  ===>  list scrolls to top, leaving E1_61 still selected.    Desired effect would be to save/close edit on E1_61 and open E1_5 for edit, all keeping the row cursor position.

Let me know if with the above details you can recreate it.  

(I have also noticed an undesirable scroll effect when working with the parameter details right pane.   In this case scrolling the other way, that is something like touching an attribute and then scrolling to the top to touch up on the list.   The list is immediately scrolled down away from the desired focus.)

0 Likes

Hi Could you attach your project ?

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have created a bundle, but I do not see an "attach file" in the new forum options.    I have tried insert image but would not let me push a zip file.

Just by curiosity, I went to the advanced editor and there it has the attach option.    (@ Forum manager:   This will be a problem with other users)

0 Likes

I'm able to recreate what you are observing , I have reported this to our Creator team, will update here.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your effort and time on this.

0 Likes