how to store the data in EEPROM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I am using BCMUSI22.It have STM32F4 micro controller.I have to store some details(network details) which comes from external device into the EEPROM such that even when the power is off data should not be erased.Is there any function or method to store the data.I am using wiced-studio 4.1.0 version.

Thanks ,

Mounika.

0 Likes
1 Solution
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

You may also consider using DCT to store application data so that it could be used between power cycles. You can review the document "WICED-DCT.pdf" available in path /43xxx_Wi-Fi/doc/WICED-DCT.pdf in WICED SDK.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
GauravS_31

Are you using the EEPROM as an externally connected device? If yes, may I know the serial interface (SPI, I2C, etc.) used for connecting the EEPROM to the host microcontroller? Basically the microcontroller would store data using serial communication APIs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will receive data from iOS device via Bluetooth handler.Now I need to store this network data internally.This should be stored permanently until and unless some reset is done.In wiced eclipse 4.1.0 I have seen SRAM.How do we store data in SRAM(this is almost similar to EEPROM).

0 Likes
GauravS_31

If you declare the variable that holds the network data as a global variable in your application code, it should be stored in SRAM. You can check the memory allocation of the variable after building the project by going to the path build/<Your project make target>/binary/<Your project make target>.csv.

0 Likes
GauravS_31

You may also consider using DCT to store application data so that it could be used between power cycles. You can review the document "WICED-DCT.pdf" available in path /43xxx_Wi-Fi/doc/WICED-DCT.pdf in WICED SDK.