Windows JTAG driver in Studio v5

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anybody had success installing the drivers that WICED Studio 5.0.0.33 provides for the UART and JTAG ports on WICED dev boards? I tried several times to install the drivers provided in %SDK%\WICED-Studio-5.0\Drivers\Windows, both through the Studio installer and manually by running the DPinst_x64.exe's in the two subdirectories. However, Device Manager continued to show the two devices presented by my BCM94343WWCD1 dev board in the "Other" category and indicate that no driver was installed. Finally, I tried downloading Studio 4.1.1.8 and ran the manual driver installers from there, and the UART and JTAG port enumerated properly. I'm running 64 bit Win 10 Pro, version 1703, build 15063.332.

0 Likes
1 Solution
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

After installing WICED Studio 5 in 64-bit Windows 10 and then plugging the WICED devices in the PC, the drivers were not automatically installed unlike Windows 7. In my case, running the dpinst_x64.exe worked and the drivers were installed. Ensure that you directly go the folder 43xx_Wi-Fi/tools/drivers/BCM9WCD1EVAL1 and run the dpinst_x64.exe and wait for the installation to complete. Reboot the PC and then check the device manager. Do not run it through the SDK because it will throw an error.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

After installing WICED Studio 5 in 64-bit Windows 10 and then plugging the WICED devices in the PC, the drivers were not automatically installed unlike Windows 7. In my case, running the dpinst_x64.exe worked and the drivers were installed. Ensure that you directly go the folder 43xx_Wi-Fi/tools/drivers/BCM9WCD1EVAL1 and run the dpinst_x64.exe and wait for the installation to complete. Reboot the PC and then check the device manager. Do not run it through the SDK because it will throw an error.