8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2017 7:26 AM by dava

CYW43907 / Imp005 eval board

renejos

Hello,

I have been looking for the CYW43907 module and I can see that the Type 1GC  Imp005(LBWA1UZ1GC-901) is now avaliable as a eval board on digikey and mouser.

http://wireless.murata.com/eng/products/rf-modules-1/embedded-wi-fi-1/type-1gc-imp005.html

Looking at the device list provided by Cypress (Purchase a WICED Wi-Fi Dev Kit ), I can see that the module has two versions, a 901 (Electric Imp) and a 958 (WICED)

So since only the 901 has an eval board, I was wondering if imp005-breakout is supported by WICED and if there is any platform files available for it?

Regards

René Josefsen

• 1. Re: CYW43907 / Imp005 eval board
          inoue_tomohiro_1742091

Hello René,

Murata module Type1GC and imp005 are different, so unfortunately you cannot use WICED SDK on imp005.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: CYW43907 / Imp005 eval board
            dava

Hi Rene,

The imp005 eval board uses a specifically programmed version of the 43907 to include the security keys needed to run the Imp secure solution.

It is not possible to reprogram the IMP005 as this is a secured platform and also does not expose the JTAG lines needed for uploading the WICED SDK.

There is an evalution board available from muRata using the 1GC module and Cypress will have an eval board available in Q2.    Once this is available we will update the community website with the details.    If you require information more quickly then please reach out to your local Cypress Sales team.

Regards

Dave

• 3. Re: CYW43907 / Imp005 eval board
              renejos

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. That was a pity, at least Q2 is not far away.

Regards

René Josefsen

• 4. Re: CYW43907 / Imp005 eval board
                user_450303535

Hi Dave,

I just see Rene's question. As you wrote 1GC-958 (wiced ) platform should be ready in q2 2017. it's Q3 2017 actually. (1) Do you have any news regarding it? imp005 platform is not a general wifi platform, it develops specific features for Electric Imp client-server relations. There is no way to setup imp005 as access point for example. All retailers sell imp005 (chip & evaluation boards), but not 1GC-958 solution.

(2) Is it possible to order samples of 1GC-958 as well as some eval board  with 958?

Regarding reprogramming imp005 board. I understand that imp005 cannot be debugged with WICED. (3) Is it possible just to program external flash with FW image generated in WICED & get it worked? (UART debug can be used  &  as soon as I know JTAG interface exists originally in 43907 is disabled in both Murata solutions (958 & imp005).

Thanks,

Boris

• 5. Re: CYW43907 / Imp005 eval board
                  mifo

The 1GC/LBWA1UZ1GC-958 is currently in production.

Have you contacted Murata? The Eval Board is the LBWA1UZ1GC-TEMP.

I believe that they are looking for EAUs around 100K annual to engage.

LBWA1UZ1GC | Type 1GC | Murata Manufacturing

Adding ghouse from Murata

• 6. Re: CYW43907 / Imp005 eval board
                    dava

Hi Boris,

Imp implement their own secure boot environment for programming the IMP005 platform with the ImpOS to ensure end to end security, therefore it is not possible to reflash the board with the WICED OS.

As per Mike's update, 43907 eval kits are available today from muRata but if you have specific project requirements then please message me and I will be happy to discuss further.

Regards

Dave

• 7. Re: CYW43907 / Imp005 eval board
                      renejos

Hello David,

So to make sure I understand this correctly, LBWA1UZ1GC-TEMP is the eval board for the Type 1GC?

I'm not sure if you are able to answer this, but I'm not able to find the LBWA1UZ1GC-TEMP board anywhere.

Should it be publicly available and what is the state of support in WICED for this board?

Regards

René Josefsen

• 8. Re: CYW43907 / Imp005 eval board
                        dava

Hi Rene,

That part number is correct and the board is available from murata today and additional 43907 based kits will be available from other WICED partners later this year.

WICED Studio 5 supports the 43907 chip today so you just need to request murata to supply the platform files for the kit and add these into WICED platform folder.

Regards
                        Dave