Enabling Bluetooth coexistence interface on CYW43362

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We're having a problem trying to enable 3-wire Bluetooth coexistence interface on CYW43362 (formerly BCM43362). There doesn't seem to be any documentation nor high-level API available in the WICED SDK (we're using WICED 3.3.0 at the moment) describing how to enable BT-coex specifically, so our current approach is based on setting of the "btc_mode" and "btc_wire" IOVARs to WL_BTC_ENABLE and WL_BTC_3WIRE respectively – right after initializing WICED with wiced_init() call. However, even though the variables seem to be set successfully (we can see expected values after querying the variables), the BT-coex interface doesn't seem to work, and we don't observe any output on the BTCX_TXCONF pin, which should be set to HIGH by default, once the BT-coex is enabled (as described in this document: AN214852 - Collaborative Coexistence Interface Between Cypress-to-Cypress Solutions and Cypress-to-t...​).

Do we need to perform any additional initialization prior to setting IOVARs related to BT-coex, or there's some limitation in the firmware or hardware that we currently use?

I'm attaching a minimal source code that shows our current initialization procedure, as well as the firmware/hardware version info, as reported by the "ver" IOVAR and WLC_GET_REVINFO IOCTL command.

Thank you!

1 Solution

I believe the feature can technically be supported on the part, but it will require engineering resources to support/implement. The public availability of the appnote somewhat implies that anyone should be able to implement, so I apologize for that confusion.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Unfortunately, third party coexistence is not supported by engineering on this WiFi only device, despite the fact that there is an AppNote on our website that implies otherwise.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for quick reply. So we can only support Cypress-to-Cypress coexistence in our devices, or the feature is not supported entirely? If former is the case, is there any example code or documentation on how to enable it?

0 Likes

I believe the feature can technically be supported on the part, but it will require engineering resources to support/implement. The public availability of the appnote somewhat implies that anyone should be able to implement, so I apologize for that confusion.

0 Likes