What causes serial flash corruption?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
damec_2093491
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone know why my application (based off of hello_sensor) corrupts serial flash?  I download and run my app to the dev board over USB.  USB is also my source of power.

After running my app, I remove power and when I attempt to download again I get the following:

Detecting device...

********* Detection Failure *************

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| The BCM20706 was not detected. Verify that the device is connected, power-cycle if       |

| necessary, and retry.                                                                    |

| Please see Appendix sections in the Quick Start Guide for common com port problems.      |

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

When I re-plug my board into USB, I must press and hold SW3 then press SW1 before I can download again.

I know its my app because this does not happen when I run hello_sensor but I have know idea what I'm doing to cause this as I am not writing to NVRAM.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Hello David.Meeks_2093491

Unfortunately, the BCM20706 is not a broad market product at this point, and as such, is not supported here in the IoT community forum.

Your best bet would be to reach out to the local team that supports your company directly, or, you could also create a case on cypress.com using the "MyCases" menu located near the top right of the browser.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Hello David.Meeks_2093491

Unfortunately, the BCM20706 is not a broad market product at this point, and as such, is not supported here in the IoT community forum.

Your best bet would be to reach out to the local team that supports your company directly, or, you could also create a case on cypress.com using the "MyCases" menu located near the top right of the browser.

0 Likes