1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 9, 2017 2:31 PM by MichaelF_56

What causes serial flash corruption?

David.Meeks_2093491

Anyone know why my application (based off of hello_sensor) corrupts serial flash?  I download and run my app to the dev board over USB.  USB is also my source of power.

After running my app, I remove power and when I attempt to download again I get the following:

Detecting device...

********* Detection Failure *************

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| The BCM20706 was not detected. Verify that the device is connected, power-cycle if       |

| necessary, and retry.                                                                    |

| Please see Appendix sections in the Quick Start Guide for common com port problems.      |

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

When I re-plug my board into USB, I must press and hold SW3 then press SW1 before I can download again.

I know its my app because this does not happen when I run hello_sensor but I have know idea what I'm doing to cause this as I am not writing to NVRAM.

Thanks,

Dave