4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2017 9:50 PM by chucklink Branched from an earlier discussion.

Re: How to use Particle.io's Photon as a WM-N-BM-09 evaluation tool (part 2)

chucklink

wartix_fr chobberoni  jone_yi_1844281

s a follow on to this discussion: How to use Particle.io's Photon as a WM-N-BM-09 evaluation tool

I am wondering if you have done careful analysis with Photon board.  I have finally gotten reasonably stable code with my product and I've built a few quite a few beta units but it appears that i am still struggling with the RF performance of the Photon module.  Many of my beta users apparently can't see their wireless access point.  After rechecking with the basic snip-scan code and both my BCM943362WCD4 and BCM94343W_AVN, I find that the Photon board has significantly different RF receive characteristics.  I actually thought I was over this hump, but it is back again.  I now think that maybe I've not enabled the RF switch on the board because the difference is about 40 db.  Can you run the same test or have I made a mistake in my coding.

Thanks,

Chuck