Wiced Factory Programming Example

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the Documents is Located Factory Programming Guide: WICED-AN800-R-Factory-Programming.pdf

and it says ...

"Using the WICED IDE (or a command shell), navigate to the WICED SDK temp control directory located in the SDK at /Apps/demo/temp_control. In addition to the usual application files, the directory includes a file called factory_reset_dct.c and a sub-directory called mfg which contains two files 0001.txt and 0002.txt."

However, i see no such directories.

Really need this (or similar) example to proceed with creating unique DCT's for Programming device on factory assembly.

0 Likes
1 Solution

The missing files were deprecated by a member of the team that is no longer with us.  We are looking into restoring them as it doesn't appear that we have any other means for mass production.  These files would reappear in the next SDK should this decision be finalized.  It appears that Avnet has already provided you the missing files, so you should be all set regarding the existing instructions provided within the doc inside of the SDK.

If you want to extend this conversation into the development team, then you may want to login to Cypress.com and create a case under MyCases (top right menu within the browser).  Once it is created, you can then contact your local Cypress Sales, Distribution and FAE team and try to escalate the case.  When doing so, you can also reference this thread as well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not see the files mentioned in the Factory Programming Guide. Cypress Team, can anyone can please provide the example?

0 Likes

I am looking into this with the developers.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any luck? Am razor close to production and have to get this going.

0 Likes

I will ask for a status.  No word back yet.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

mifo​ this should be a copy-paste for the Cypress team. Am looking for a files that Factory Programming guides says should be part of IDE demos. Factory Programming = $$ for Cypress. This should get someone going!

Community, does any one have the "temp control" demo example which includes files mentioned in the "Factory Programming" guide?

0 Likes

I'm checking to see if someone on the team has an older version of the SDK installed and if they could you send these files so I can attach them to the discussion.

Unfortunately, since WICED Studio, I lost the ability to install multiple versions of the SDK (Studio 4 wiped out my 3.7 install).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

mifo​ you were in the right direction.

Found these files from an 2+yr old version with help from Avnet

GitHub - wlljk2002/bcm-wiced-sdk: WICED SDK Releases from Broadcom

Thanks akolamb1

I am verifying now with the team that this is still the preferred production programming methodology as there seems to be some confusion internally whether this material/process has been deprecated.

user_114741021

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

mifo In that case will eagerly wait for your information. Again, current manual process is unsustainable and need guidance asap. I am using latest Studio 4 SDK.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

mifo​ any guidance?

0 Likes

I will continue to ask the Engineering team for guidance on my side and widen the group of people I am asking for assistance.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

mifouser_114741021

It's been 2 Months since the original post.

REALLY NEED THIS NOW !!!!

0 Likes

The missing files were deprecated by a member of the team that is no longer with us.  We are looking into restoring them as it doesn't appear that we have any other means for mass production.  These files would reappear in the next SDK should this decision be finalized.  It appears that Avnet has already provided you the missing files, so you should be all set regarding the existing instructions provided within the doc inside of the SDK.

If you want to extend this conversation into the development team, then you may want to login to Cypress.com and create a case under MyCases (top right menu within the browser).  Once it is created, you can then contact your local Cypress Sales, Distribution and FAE team and try to escalate the case.  When doing so, you can also reference this thread as well.

0 Likes

akolamb1​ and axel.lin_1746341

I wanted to let you know that we have updated the WICED™ Development System, Factory Programming Application Note to support WICED Studio.  There are still some code dependencies that are missing, but I was hoping you two could look at the document and verify if this is indeed the type of Factory Programming guidance that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Likes

mifo wrote:

Unfortunately, since WICED Studio, I lost the ability to install multiple versions of the SDK (Studio 4 wiped out my 3.7 install).

Then you discover yet another issue.

It's pretty common a developer needs to use different SDK version at the same time.

Older sdk version for some already released devices.

Latest sdk version for testing.