Avnet AWS IOT 4343W "provisioning" examples do not work

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

At least 2 examples from Wiced studio 4.0.1 implement provisioning webpage:

- demo.aws_iot.shadow

- snip.config_mode

I see the following issues on above examples:

1. Scan waits forever: in process_scan the call to func wiced_wifi_scan_networks() is almost always failing and the code hangs for end of scan on the next wiced_rtos_get_semaphore() call. When only doing scan operation it works fine, however mixing TCP transaction and performing scan result in error being yield from wwd_wifi_scan()  and underlying functions.

2. Manually entering the credentials does not seem to work. I tried all encryptions provided on the provisioning webpage with appropriate username/pass, my IOT module never connects to my home AP after completing the provisioning session normally.

Can you confirm these issues?

Thanks.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regarding point 2, there is a mistake in scan_page_outer.html line 254: hex2a function call must be removed like this:

var s='as0=' + encodeURIComponent(document.getElementById('manual_ssid').value);

With this minor modification, manually entering the credentials works.

Thanks for the AWS Starter Kit workaround j4r0d

vik86peter_fenn

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello j4r0d

As per the description I have tried snip.config_mode example with Studio4.0.1 and I'm able to enter the AP details manual and connect to the AP. I don't have any problem with the connection. I want to know more details of the problem so that I can check and raise the issue internally.

I have use AWS kit and with no modifications of the application code I was able to run it without any issues.

Also elaborate your issue with shadow example.

Anonymous
Not applicable

When the page shows up normally, I can indeed connect to AP when I manually enter credentials.

However, the HTTP API is buggy and the scan does not work:

- wiced_dns_redirector_start is not effective, I assume that my iphone would immediately open device_settings.html for me after selecting the WICED provisioning AP, which never happens.

- the implementation of the scan within the webpage is buggy, looks like a scheduling issue as the call to wiced_wifi_scan_networks() function works one time out of 10, usually returning error 4 WICED_ERROR.

- quite often the browser hangs or is extremely slow when fetching elements from the webpage. Try refreshing the webpage a couple of time.

0 Likes