4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2016 1:10 AM by BoonT_56

Best way to disable speaker on TAG4?

Hi WICED team,

I am using 3 ADC channels on my TAG4-based prototype, and picked P11, P12 and P32 as they seem to be least tangled in other functions of the board. However, the speaker gets activated when I use P11 and P12 . What is the simplest way to shut it off? I am thinking about soldering the speaker or R11 and/or R14 out, but I wanted to get feeback from professionals before I do that.

Thanks,

Filipp

• 1. Re: Best way to disable speaker on TAG4?
          BoonT_56

I set the below to zero:

/*.buz_on_ms                      =*/ 0,

Does it help?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Best way to disable speaker on TAG4?

That one is set to 0 already. The beeping only happens when I connect pins 13 and 15 of J10 to external analog signals (and when those signals are high).

• 3. Re: Best way to disable speaker on TAG4?
              BoonT_56

Pins 13 and 15 (of J10) correspond to muxed P11/P27 and P12/P26, whereas muxed P14/P38 is used to trigger LS1. It shouldn't trigger the buzzer.

Alternatively, you may want to look at the gpio configuration in your application to turn off the buzzer.

• 4. Re: Best way to disable speaker on TAG4?
                BoonT_56

With reference to the hello sensor code, I did something like this and the app will run silently.

const BLE_PROFILE_GPIO_CFG hello_sensor_gpio_cfg =

{

/*.gpio_pin =*/

{

GPIO_PIN_WP,      // This need to be used to enable/disable NVRAM write protect

GPIO_PIN_BUTTON,  // Button GPIO is configured to trigger either direction of interrupt

GPIO_PIN_LED,     // LED GPIO, optional to provide visual effects

GPIO_PIN_BATTERY, // Battery monitoring GPIO. When it is lower than particular level, it will give notification to the application

//GPIO_PIN_BUZZER,  // Buzzer GPIO, optional to provide audio effects

-1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1 // other GPIOs are not used

},

/*.gpio_flag =*/

{

GPIO_SETTINGS_WP,

GPIO_SETTINGS_BUTTON,

GPIO_SETTINGS_LED,

GPIO_SETTINGS_BATTERY,

//GPIO_SETTINGS_BUZZER,//

0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

}

};

1 of 1 people found this helpful