bleprofile_sendReadByTypeReq to find Descriptor

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to use bleprofile_sendReadByTypeReq to search the handle of Client Characteristic Configuration Descriptor, but cannot find it when the device works with an Android phone.  (The same code works with an iPhone.)  I use other app to look into the attribute list in the Android phone and the app can see the descriptor.  What are the possible reasons that bleprofile_sendReadByTypeReq cannot find the descriptor (the codes is below)?   The callback function shows the length of the return is zero.

UUID_DESCRIPTOR_CLIENT_CHARACTERISTIC_CONFIGURATION = 0x2902

bleprofile_sendReadByTypeReq(startHandle, endHandle, UUID_DESCRIPTOR_CLIENT_CHARACTERISTIC_CONFIGURATION);

The startHandle and endHandle are both correct.

I have no problem to use bleprofile_sendReadByTypeReq to find all the characteristic:

bleprofile_sendReadByTypeReq(startHandle, endHandle, UUID_ATTRIBUTE_CHARACTERISTIC);

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem solved.  The problem is on the Android side.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which exactly is central and peripheral ? Is the smartphone the client server and the Cypress chip the peripheral ? If this is the case which CLIENT_CHARACTERISTIC_CONFIGURATION are you trying to discover ?

After the above questions are made clear, which app did you use to test it out ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Smart phone is the peripheral and has attribute.    Cypress chip is the master.   We wrote the android app (peripheral) by ourselves and used the 3rd party app (BLE scanner) to simulation the connection.  The 3rd party app can see the Descriptor.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem solved.  The problem is on the Android side.

Thanks for updating the thread hlee

0 Likes