I read the thread but it doesn't look like the problem was solved...
2 of 2 people found this helpful
Unfortunately, I found out that this is a bug that will be resolved in the next release of the WICED SDK, 3.6.3
This SDK is due to be released shortly.
Is this still a problem in WICED SDK 3.7.0?
I used two BCM943341WCD1 has the same problem.
It's not fixed. I downloaded SDK 3.7.0 and ran the ble_hello_sensor app with the default bluetooth mac address and I was able to bond to it without any problems. Then I changed the mac address using the wiced_bt_set_local_bdaddr() function and when I try and bond to it, the device immediately disconnects.
I'm calling wiced_bt_set_local_bdaddr() in hello_sensor_application_init(). Is that the correct way to change the mac address?
I checked the code and I'm setting the mac address the same way and the demo app displays the same behavior.
Steps to reproduce.
1. Compile and program ble_addr_toggle app on BCM94343WWCD1 evaluation platform
2. Connect to HELLO board with default MAC address of 43:43:A1:12:6C:66
3. Bond BLE connection: <- This works
4. Press SW2 to change BLE address to 66:55:44:33:22:11
5. Connect to HELLO board at new BLE address
6. Bond BLE connection: <- This fails. The device simply drops the connection and starts advertising again
This is the console output.
Pairing Complete: 4connection_down conn_id:2 reason:22
Advertisement State Change: 4
The board terminates the connection with GATT_CONN_TERMINATE_LOCAL_HOST reason.