1 2 Previous Next 28 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2016 1:31 AM by BoonT_56 Go to original post
      • 15. Re: BCM20737S download fail wtih Chipload
        JaeyoungY_71

Hello Jack,

-NOERASE means that a CHIP ERASE command to erase the entire memory is not sent to the minidriver, and so the EEPROM is not erased.

Still, when a specific serial flash page is being written to for the first time, the minidriver will attempt to perform a SECTOR ERASE for a single page. For some hardware it seems this command is not working properly maybe due to some HW settings. We will look into this issue further, but it might take a while as the engineers who have knowledge on this are on vacation.

In the meanwhile, if you wish to retain the parameter information in your NVRAM while performing an application upgrade, you could use OTA as this would not erase the NVRAM VS area. Please refer to following discussion for details.

WICED Smart BCM92073X EEPROM and SFLASH Layout

WICED Smart BCM92073X OTA Firmware Upgrade (1)

WICED Smart BCM92073X OTA Firmware Upgrade (2)

Thanks,

Jaeyoung

• 16. Re: BCM20737S download fail wtih Chipload
          huangj

Hi Jaeyoung,

Thanks for your comment.

I have already porting secure OTA to my app, and the VS will not be erase in the EEPROM when I use  the OTA to upgrade my frimware. But some user may not have Bluetooth dongle or smart phone, so our product still need to support for uploading firmware by UART.

I will waiting for your response. Thank you.

Jack

• 17. Re: BCM20737S download fail wtih Chipload
            BoonT_56

I confirm that I too see the download issue on the sense tag. We are investigating.

• 18. Re: BCM20737S download fail wtih Chipload
              huangj

Hi jaeyoung & boont,

Any update?

Jack

• 19. Re: BCM20737S download fail wtih Chipload
                BoonT_56

We need more time to look at this as you know we are in the midst of integration into a new company.

• 20. Re: BCM20737S download fail wtih Chipload
                  huangj

Hi,

Can someone help me solve the problem?

Any help is appreciated.

Jack

• 21. Re: BCM20737S download fail wtih Chipload
                    BoonT_56

Can I suggest an unusual method? After conversion, you hex file may look something like this:

:02000004FF00FB

:FB05800018010000A21A006C300 ... ... ...

:FB067B00044 ... ... ...

Now, repeat another time for the top line, and it should look like this:

:FB05800018010000A21A006C300 ... ... ...

:FB067B00044 ... ... ...

This method allows me to retain my BD address yet change my application, using the chipload method. Below is my commands:

cgs.exe -I mySense.hex -O DLConfigFixedHeader:0 -A 0xFF000580 -B 20737_EEPROM.btp -D . A_20737A1-wiced_sense-rom-ram-spar.cgs

chipload.exe -BLUETOOLMODE -BAUDRATE 115200nfc -PORT COM25 -MINIDRIVER uart_DISABLE_EEPROM_WP_PIN1.hex -NOERASE -CONFIG mySense.hex -DLMINIDRIVERCHUNKSIZE 251 -BTP 20737_EEPROM.btp

In the SDK, I use the following make target to build my application:

wiced_sense-BCM920737TAG_Q32 build

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    • 22. Re: BCM20737S download fail wtih Chipload
                      huangj

Hi boont,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I have test your method with BCM20737S(our own Hardware & wiced sense tag 1). I change the hex file just like you say(second download). But it still crash in the same address(Download config error trying to write 64 bytes to address 0xFF000580). I also find the GPIO:P1(WP pin) in low level after download fail. I try -NOERASE command work in the tag3(BCM20737), but it will crash in the wiced sense tag(BCM20737S). The EEPROM isn't the same in BCM20737 and BCM20737S. So the problem may be in EEPORM?? Any idea?

Are you doing this on your own Wiced sense tag or tag3?

Dose the SDK support command to disabled the erase NVRAM(like command "-NOERASE" in chipload)?

Jack

• 23. Re: BCM20737S download fail wtih Chipload
                        huangj

Hi Cypress FAE,

This issue still exists, and I can't find the way to solve the problem. My step and Chipload command are correct, but it always crash in the 0xFF000580. Why the Chipload will fail with "-NOERASE" command in BCM20737S? But the "-NOERASE" command can work in the BCM20737. Our products are designed with the BCM20737S. So I must be found the problem. Can you help me figure out the problem? Did it has solution to solve the issue? Or the issue can't be solve? Thanks for your reply.

Jack,

• 24. Re: BCM20737S download fail wtih Chipload
                          BoonT_56

Sorry for the late reply as I was on a business trip in the entire last week.

Let me be a little clear of my setup.

HW: Sense 1

SDK: v2.2.2

Below are my steps:

1) Reboot SENSE, using SDK: wiced_sense-BCM920737TAG_Q32 recover UART=COM63

2) Build and download SENSE app.

wiced_sense-BCM920737TAG_Q32 download BT_DEVICE_ADDRESS=7223A11874A8 UART=COM63

3) Build the glucosemeter

glucose_meter-BCM920736TAG_Q32 build

4) Extract the CGS file of the glucose meter to my chipload working folder

cgs.exe -I myGlucose.hex -O DLConfigFixedHeader:0 -A 0xFF000580 -B 20736_EEPROM.btp -D . A_20736A1-glucose_meter-rom-ram-spar.cgs

5) Perform a conversion of the CGS file to HEX format

6) Add another line (02000004FF00FB)

: .... ....

7) Chipload it onto my SENSE 1 kit

chipload.exe -BLUETOOLMODE -BAUDRATE 115200nfc -PORT COM63 -MINIDRIVER uart_DISABLE_EEPROM_WP_PIN1.hex -NOERASE -CONFIG myGlucose.hex -DLMINIDRIVERCHUNKSIZE 251 -BTP 20736_EEPROM.btp

8) I used both LightBlue (free for download in App Store) and Wiced Sense, scan and found "BLE Glucosemeter" with "7223A11874A8" as the BD address.

Firstly, are you trying to achieve the above effect?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          • 25. Re: BCM20737S download fail wtih Chipload
                            huangj

Hi boont,

1.Firstly, are you trying to achieve the above effect?

>Yes.

2.Thanks for your comment.I have use your method in 4 different computers. One is W7 64bit, another is W10 32 bit, and the others are W10 64 bit. The method can work in W7 64bit and W10 32bit. But it can't work in W10 64bit.  Could you help me find the problem? Thanks for your reply.

3. I would like to clarify one thing. Did the step1(run recovery mode in sense1) was necessary? Or the step1 is ensure the NVRAM isn't corrupt?

Jack

• 26. Re: BCM20737S download fail wtih Chipload
                              BoonT_56

2) I saw some folks in this forum reporting various issues concerning W10 and you can do a search to see them. I am using win7/32-bit though.

3) Not necessary. I did it only to convince myself that the eeprom is OK and everything is under control.

• 27. Re: BCM20737S download fail wtih Chipload
                                huangj

Hi boont,

Most of topic is talking about SDK work in the W10 and run Chipload in other OS(e.g. MAC or linux). The thread is closer my issue, but it was unable to clarify my question(Does Win32 Chipload.exe work on Win64 laptop?). I don't know which Windows version was lucyli used in her test. I can work Chipload in W10 32bit, but it will crash in W10 64bit. But lucyli say that can work in the 64 bit Windows OS. I also compared the 4 hex files(1 W7-64, 1 W10-32 and 2 W10-64). The hex files are same that create from each OS.  So I can confirm that the problem is in the Chipload. But I can't think what is the problem. Could you give me some suggestion? Thanks for your advice.

Jack,

• 28. Re: BCM20737S download fail wtih Chipload
                                  BoonT_56

Lucy Li is likely to use Win 7 because that is the default OS the company issues for its laptops.

My advice is to go with the system that works for you, eg win7-64. The current issue will get resolve in future releases but if you have a production schedule to meet, then don't wait.

1 2 Previous Next