Wiced WiFi BLE APIs vs Wiced Smart APIs

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I was trying to increase the MTU size using the function wiced_bt_gatt_configure_mtu but the only response I get is a callback and then that channel seems to be dead. The same happens if I try to increase it from the client side. I saw some mtu code in the apollo_config_gatt_server but that didn't help much.

When I search here on the forum, I only find references to the new style Wiced Smart APIs, most beginning with blecm_. But the SDK I'm using, since I use a WiFi/BT/BLE combo chip, is the WiFi SDK with the old style APIs. The strange thing is that the BT/BLE parts of that SDK's docs are removed since 3.3, but the actual header files, examples and prebuilt libs are still there. What's the deal here? Are we supposed to use both SDKs to make combo solutions with WiFi/BT/BLE? Is it even possible to mix them?

Greatful for any insights.

0 Likes
3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The Bluetooth APIs and the associated Bluetooth stacks are different between the WICED SDK (Combo Chips) and the WICED Smart SDK (BCM207XS series). They are not compatible and cannot be mixed.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Then I get worried as to why the Bluetooth part is removed from the documentation from v3.3?

0 Likes

Hi,

Current Wiced SDK supports the BLE with a host MCU paired with a BCM207XS series device.

WicedSmart supports the stand alone BCM207XS series devices. With Wiced Smart SDK, user application runs on the same MCU along with the Broadcom's BCM207XS firmware and stack.

With Wiced SDK, user application runs on the host MCU and the Broadcom's BCM207XS firmware runs on the BCM207XS series device. The serial communication is used to communicate host MCU with the BCM207XS series device.

You are welcome to open both SDKs on the same eclipse IDE:

pastedImage_0.png

Seyhan