2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2016 5:55 AM by userc_18214 Branched from an earlier discussion.

BLE Connection Timeout (con't)

Hi,

Per the thread userc_20416 created here: Re: BLE Connection Timeout

I have a similar problem when using RFCOMM and wifi. RFCOMM alone works fine but if I add a call to wiced_init the RFCOMM connection times out.

I'm using the bt_dualmode_server to test adding a wifi connection. Works fine as is. if I add  wiced_init() I get WICED_TIMEOUT in BTM_ENABLED_EVT event in the bt_dualmode_server_management_cback.

I'm using 3.5.2 already and an ISM43341.

void application_start( )

{

/* Initialize Bluetooth controller and host stack */

#ifdef WICED_DCT_INCLUDE_BT_CONFIG

{

/* Configure the Device Name and Class of Device from the DCT */

platform_dct_bt_config_t* dct_bt_config;

wiced_dct_read_lock( (void**) &dct_bt_config, WICED_TRUE, DCT_BT_CONFIG_SECTION, 0, sizeof(platform_dct_bt_config_t) );

WPRINT_APP_INFO( ("WICED DCT BT NAME: %s \r\n", dct_bt_config->bluetooth_device_name) );

strlcpy((char*)bluetooth_device_name, (char*)dct_bt_config->bluetooth_device_name, sizeof(bluetooth_device_name));

wiced_bt_cfg_settings.device_name = bluetooth_device_name;

WPRINT_APP_INFO( ("WICED DCT BT DEVICE CLASS : %02x %02x %02x\r\n", dct_bt_config->bluetooth_device_class[0],

dct_bt_config->bluetooth_device_class[1],dct_bt_config->bluetooth_device_class[2]) );

memcpy(wiced_bt_cfg_settings.device_class, dct_bt_config->bluetooth_device_class, sizeof(dct_bt_config->bluetooth_device_class));

wiced_dct_read_unlock( (void*) dct_bt_config, WICED_TRUE );

}

#endif

wiced_init();

wiced_bt_stack_init( bt_dualmode_server_management_cback, &wiced_bt_cfg_settings, wiced_bt_cfg_buf_pools );

}

Thank you.

hugo

• 1. Re: BLE Connection Timeout (con't)

Hugo,

Hi.

Can you check if you have allocated sufficiently the BT side mempool buffers for your application ... In my case, I am running BLE + WiFi STA (with MQTT).

const wiced_bt_cfg_buf_pool_t wiced_bt_cfg_buf_pools[WICED_BT_CFG_NUM_BUF_POOLS] =

{

/*  { buf_size, buf_count } */

{ 64,       4   },      /* Small Buffer Pool */

{ 360,      4   },      /* Medium Buffer Pool (used for HCI & RFCOMM control messages, min recommended size is 360) */

{ 360,      12  },      /* Large Buffer Pool  (used for HCI ACL messages) */

{ 1024,      4   },      /* Extra Large Buffer Pool - Used for avdt media packets and miscellaneous (if not needed, set buf_count to 0) */

};

Also, in my case it was the module vendor's config for that specific platform that was screwed up. Can you go back to a prior platform definition that seemed to be working with standalone RFComm?

Regards,

Manish

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: BLE Connection Timeout (con't)

Thanks for your insight,

Didn't had time to test this yet but will in the next few weeks. I'll keep you informed of my success.

Hugo