Is there a WICED version overview?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a WICED version overview?

Something that talks about high level structural changes between versions?

I'm not interested in HW platform support changes and details as those are covered in the release notes.

I want something that would help someone porting from version to version to understand what kinds of architectural changes were made and some hints about the kind of things that need to be changed to port from each version to the next version. I can then cumulatively observe those to see what is easy to port to what newer version and where it gets more challenging because of larger architectural changes.

Something short and sweet that gives a few details and high level overview of what architectural changes were made from version to version without the clutter of what HW platform changes were made.

Essentially the release notes should be partitioned into separate sections for "architecture" and "HW platform / chip" changes - with more detail in the "HW platform" section and more big picture / makefile / port-related info in the "architecture" area.

0 Likes
1 Solution

You can choose any SDK version you want if your device is still in development stage.

Generally, the latest SDK version is the best choice.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Unfortunately, the release notes included with each new SDK are all we provide.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone point to what most recent version is most compatible with 3.0.1?

Where are the major branches such that the API's change significantly such that platform files much change and/or the snip demos must change?

Are there any versions that are better not used (e.g. best to skip 3.x.x?)

0 Likes

davidep wrote:

Can someone point to what most recent version is most compatible with 3.0.1?

There is new OTA design (upgrade with multi-application support) in SDK-3.1.1

which is not compatible to older versions. If OTA compatibility is concerned, I

think you cannot upgrade to SDK-3.1.1+.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you mean by “not compatible”? Is there a link that discusses OTA changes?

I am starting with a 3.0.1 based platform for a device that has not been released / manufactured.

I’m open to porting upward, but want to know the sweet spot.

0 Likes

You can choose any SDK version you want if your device is still in development stage.

Generally, the latest SDK version is the best choice.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, now I understand that the OTA structure changed in 3.1.

I'm having trouble porting from 3.0.1 to 3.1.x or later. I can get code to compile, but get errors on download.

With 3.1.2 it's during download filesystem.

With 3.5.2 it's during download bootloader.

0 Likes