LWIP memory error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm using lwip tcp library in my application. I am getting EAI_MEMORY: 203 error with lwip_getaddrinfo() method. The first time the method gives no error, but when used a second time at a different place in the application, it generates this error. Can you suggest a way I could correct this error? I have tried allocating suitable amount of memory using malloc. But it was of no use.

pastedImage_0.png

This is the memory dumped into the BCM943364WCD1. Am I exceeding memory? How much memory can it handle?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found out the solution to this problem. The struct "addrinfo" should be free'd internally by LWIP. For this to happen, before exiting your method, make sure you call lwip_freeaddrinfo(addrInfo) on the addrinfo pointer used currently in the present scope.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found out the solution to this problem. The struct "addrinfo" should be free'd internally by LWIP. For this to happen, before exiting your method, make sure you call lwip_freeaddrinfo(addrInfo) on the addrinfo pointer used currently in the present scope.

Thanks for reporting your findings back to the thread.

vik86seyhangangi

0 Likes