Additional I2C Interface Examples

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PeFe_666001
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

I have succesfully used the previously posted I2C Interface Example with WICED SDK-3.x as a starting point for interfacing with I2C sensors.

Before putting further effort into creating higher-level I2C function calls, a quick check here on the forum site:
- Is there any code available for additional I2C interface examples?
- Can anyone possibly share code (for WICED SDK) for interfacing with specific I2C sensors?

- Are there any gotchas or issues to be aware of? (DMA operation,etc...)

Thanks

Peter

0 Likes
3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

peter_fenn

seyhan​ is working on an example and will provide it to you shortly via this thread.

0 Likes
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi peter_fenn

I have updated the I2C Interface Example with WICED SDK-3.x platform files for different SDK releases on BCM43362WDC4 platform.

There are no changes are needed on the BCM43341WCD1 platform files.

The sample i2c_led snip application implements basic error checking handling.

The I2C APIs, used by the i2c_led snip application, are already being used on other applications such as interface to MFI Auth chip, NFC interface on BCM43341WCD, and others. The sample i2c_led snip application and other applications using I2C APIs are using DMA and have been tested. If you stumble on any issue please let us know.

Do you have any specific sensor in mind that I can interface it and share?

Thanks,

Seyhan

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

seyhan

Thanks for your reply. My query is in context of interfacing to MEMS accelerometer and Gyro sensors

eg. NXP's FXOS8700

(As a reference point, attached is the c++ library from mbed.org for this FXOS8700 device)

Peter

0 Likes