Application outside of SDK install dir

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I've been able to add a sample BLE application in the WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2.2/WICED-Smart-SDK apps directory, build and deploy it to hardware, but I'd like to have my application source outside of the SDK's install directory.  In order to use the SDK's toolchain, I tried adding -I's to my Makefile based on absolute paths under the SDK install dir, which helped gcc find headers, but I still have undefined symbols like "UINT8" etc. despite including types.h.

Adding VERBOSE=1 to the sample app target I built show that make is using the "spar" directory with:

"Tools/common/Win32/make.exe" -C Wiced-Smart/spar   -j4  cgs

Are there other examples of adding an app outside of the SDK tree, or guides on how the "spar" make system works?

Thanks!,

John

0 Likes
1 Solution
VikramR_26
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 comments on KBA

Hi John,

None of us have tried this I believe, since all the make files and other dependencies route to WICED-Smart-SDK path i doubt this would be difficult.

thnx

vik86

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
VikramR_26
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 comments on KBA

Hi John,

None of us have tried this I believe, since all the make files and other dependencies route to WICED-Smart-SDK path i doubt this would be difficult.

thnx

vik86

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started trying to include SDK makefiles in my app's Makefile, but noticed that the SDK makefiles include other files assuming relative paths.  If the SDK makefiles had something like "include $(SDK_INSTALL_ROOT)/path/to/make/fragment" I'd feel a bit more warmer/fuzzier that it was designed for out-of-SDK-tree use.

I still need to try some experiments though.

Thanks,

John

0 Likes