3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2020 2:05 PM by LePo_1062026

Select Debug Target - is there a way to set a default and avoid this dialog?

ErJa_4614451

Hi,

I'm using PSoC Creator 4.3.   Is there a way to select a "default" debug target so that I do not have to select it every time I start a debug session?  I thought it used to support that but now I cannot seem to avoid going through that dialog every time, even though I always select the same target.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Select Debug Target - is there a way to set a default and avoid this dialog?
          LePo_1062026

Erja,

What PSoC are you using?

If I am using a PSoC4 or PSoC5, if defaults to the target CPU through the KitProg or MiniProg interface. (Single core)

Most PSoC6s happen to have two CPU cores.  (One is a CM0+ and the other an CM4.)  There I need to select which core to communicate with.  In this case, I wish that Creator would allow me to default to my preferred core (CM4) so that I don't need to select.

Do you have more than one PSoC connected to your PC at a time?

For example if I have two CY8CKIT-059 boards connected via the KitProg through USB to the PC, I have to select which kit board I want to program.   Annoying but understandable.

Len

• 2. Re: Select Debug Target - is there a way to set a default and avoid this dialog?
            ErJa_4614451

Hi Len,

Thanks very much for your reply.

I am using PSoC6, with the two cores (CM0 and CM4).  I am usually debugging the CM4 and wanted to know if there's a way to just set that as a default somewhere and not have to select it every time.  

Regards,

Eric

On Saturday, November 21, 2020, 07:32:44 PM EST, LePo_1062026 <community-manager@cypress.com> wrote: 

|

Cypress Developer Community 

|

Select Debug Target - is there a way to set a default and avoid this dialog?

reply from LePo_1062026 in PSoC Creator & Designer Software - View the full discussion

Erja,

What PSoC are you using?

If I am using a PSoC4 or PSoC5, if defaults to the target CPU through the KitProg or MiniProg interface. (Single core)

Most PSoC6s happen to have two CPU cores.  (One is a CM0+ and the other an CM4.)  There I need to select which core to communicate with.  In this case, I wish that Creator would allow me to default to my preferred core (CM4) so that I don't need to select.

Do you have more than one PSoC connected to your PC at a time?

If for example I have two CY8CKIT-059 boards connected via the KitProg through USB to the PC, I have to select which kit board I want to program.   Annoying but understandable.

Len

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Cypress Developer Community

Start a new discussion in PSoC Creator & Designer Software by email or at Cypress Developer Community

Following Select Debug Target - is there a way to set a default and avoid this dialog? in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Cypress Developer Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Cypress Developer Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

• 3. Re: Select Debug Target - is there a way to set a default and avoid this dialog?
              LePo_1062026

Erja,

Like you, I have not found a way to have the CM4 be the default core to debug on a PSoC6 in Creator.

Len