wiced_bt_smartbridge_gatt_read_characteristic_values_using_uuid() and wiced_bt_smartbridge_gatt_read_characteristic_value()

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have some questions about there two smartbridge functions:

wiced_bt_smartbridge_gatt_read_characteristic_values_using_uuid() and wiced_bt_smartbridge_gatt_read_characteristic_value()

In official document, state the two functions as follow:

1. wiced_result_t wiced_bt_smartbridge_gatt_read_characteristic_value(X, X, X, X)

/** Read Characteristic Value

* @param[in]  socket               : socket that is connected to the server to read

*                                    Characteristic Value from

* @param[in]  handle               : Attribute handle of the Characteristic Value to read

* @param[in]  uuid                 : unique identifier of the Characteristic Value to read

* @param[out] characteristic_value : pointer that will receive the Characteristic Value

* @return @ref wiced_result_t

2. wiced_result_t wiced_bt_smartbridge_gatt_read_characteristic_value(X, X, X)

/** Read Characteristic Value

* @param[in]  socket                    : socket that is connected to the server to read

*                                         Characteristic Value from

* @param[in]  uuid                      : unique identifier of the Characteristic Values to read

* @param[out] characteristic_value_list : pointer that will receive the Characteristic Value list

* @return @ref wiced_result_t

Example:

I create a service A (0x150A) with one characteristic A1 (0x160A) in a ble device, and use smartbridge api of wiced-wifi with ble module to connect it.

I got the correct value of A1 by calling wiced_bt_smartbridge_gatt_read_characteristic_value(X, X, 160A, X). p.s. I first find the value handle of A1.

But I got the incorrect value by calling wiced_bt_smartbridge_gatt_read_characteristic_value(X, 160A, X), this function doesn't need the parameter of the value handle.

I can not differentiate these two functions because the documents of them confuse me.

Originally, I set the A1 as a notify characteristic, and use the wiced_bt_smartbridge_get_attribute_cache_by_uuid() and wiced_bt_smartbridge_get_attribute_cache_by_handle() to read the value, refer the sample code "bt_smartbridge" in SDK. Now, I want to try some other faster and intuitive methods.

0 Likes
2 Replies
JaeyoungY_71
Employee
Employee
First comment on KBA 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hi,

wiced_bt_smartbridge_gatt_read_characteristic_values_using_uuid() should be working as well although you are right, in the documentation the two descriptions are switched.

* @param[in]  handle               : Attribute handle of the Characteristic Value to read

should be in the description of wiced_bt_smartbridge_gatt_read_characteristic_value().

Could you please send me your code at jaeyoung.yi@broadcom.com so I can look over it?

Thanks,

Jaeyoung

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I used code as follow.

/* Use Raw Gatt Operation, wiced_bt_smartbridge_gatt_read_characteristic_values_using_uuid() bug ?? */

wiced_bt_smart_attribute_list_t attribute_list_t;

wiced_bt_smart_attribute_t* attribute1;

wiced_bt_uuid_t tmp_uuid;

tmp_uuid.size = UUID_16BIT;

tmp_uuid.value.value_16_bit = STATUS_UUID;

if(wiced_bt_smartbridge_gatt_read_characteristic_values_using_uuid(&smartbridge_socket, &tmp_uuid, &attribute_list_t) == WICED_SUCCESS)

{

wiced_bt_smart_attribute_print_list(&attribute_list_t);

if(attribute_list_t.count > 0)

{

if(wiced_bt_smartbridge_gatt_read_characteristic_value(&smartbridge_socket, attribute_list_t.list->handle, &tmp_uuid, &attribute1) == WICED_SUCCESS)

{

wiced_bt_smart_attribute_print(attribute1);

tatus = attribute_list_t.list->value.value[0];

timer = attribute_list_t.list->value.value[1];

}

}

}

In these code as above,

I used wiced_bt_smartbridge_gatt_read_characteristic_values_using_uuid() and then use wiced_bt_smart_attribute_print_list() to print attribute_list_t (only one node in the list), I got the wrong value.

So I have to use the value handle (is correct) to call wiced_bt_smartbridge_gatt_read_characteristic_value() and then call wiced_bt_smart_attribute_print() the print the attribute1value it right.

If I have some logic errors or other mistake, please give me advices, thanks a lot

PS. Because of old evaluation board version, I use the SDK 3.1.2

BR

0 Likes