Update Components Offline

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaKu_4654616
Level 1
Level 1

I'm attempting to update the cy_boot component from 5.4 to 5.81 in PSoC Creator 4.2. The machine I'm working with cannot be connected to the internet. Is there a way to update the cy_boot component without internet connectivity?

I have tried using a separate computer that is connected to internet and downloading the cy_boot update. I then copied the contents in Documents\PSoC Creator\4.2\Downloads ( 4.2).cylib to the matching directory in the offline machine. However, I still do not see the option for cy_boot 5.81 when attempting to update the component in my project.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi jaku_4654616​,

I have tried using a separate computer that is connected to internet and downloading the cy_boot update.

Can you please confirm that you are able to see the updated component in the folder?

I then copied the contents in Documents\PSoC Creator\4.2\Downloads ( 4.2).cylib to the matching directory in the offline machine.

If you have all the necessary components in the PC with internet access can you try replacing the entire Downloads ( 4.2).cylib folder that is in the PC without internet access and let me know if that helps?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi jaku_4654616​,

I have tried using a separate computer that is connected to internet and downloading the cy_boot update.

Can you please confirm that you are able to see the updated component in the folder?

I then copied the contents in Documents\PSoC Creator\4.2\Downloads ( 4.2).cylib to the matching directory in the offline machine.

If you have all the necessary components in the PC with internet access can you try replacing the entire Downloads ( 4.2).cylib folder that is in the PC without internet access and let me know if that helps?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

Thanks Rakshith,

Copying over the entire folder rather than just the cy_boot folder did the trick.

0 Likes