bonding issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
wewu_1392881
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given Welcome!

I'm using WICED SDK V2.1.0 and BCM20737S as slave role, when i enable pairing and bonding, after the cellphone bonds with BCM20737S successfully, i change the passkey of BCM20737S and reset, the cellphone can connect to BCM20737S without any validation, no need to enter 6 digital PIN code. Any comments?

0 Likes
5 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

I have no issue. Are you doing the following?

// Uncomment the following line to enable OOB pairing. Change oob_tk[] below to the desired key.

// #define OOB_PAIRING

// Uncomment the following line to enable passkey pairing. Change passKey[] below to the desired key.

#define PASSKEY_PAIRING

You may want to "unpair" or "forget device", depending on what phone you are using, before you go through the whole discover-and-pair cycle again.

Btw, you may want to upgrade to 2.2.2.

0 Likes
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

dianke02

So is this still an issue?

0 Likes

Yes, i use iphone6 with lightblue to test, should i must upgrade to 2.2.2 to fix this issue?

0 Likes

That will be a good idea.

0 Likes
JaeyoungY_71
Employee
Employee
First comment on KBA 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Make sure to check if the 20737S device is showing on the device list in your smartphone bluetooth settings. This will cause a problem as it will not attempt to pair again. You need to "forget the device" for 20737S and attempt a fresh pair. For instance, in an iOS device go to Settings->Bluetooth->My devices and select the information for the hello_client device->select "Forget This Device". Then using LightBlue when you select the hello_client device it will pop up the option to pair or not. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jaeyoung

0 Likes