Android apk about OTAFU

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am a people working on firmware, so i am not familiar with android, and I want to test function OTA, I found a apk form:SOTAFU for Android and iOS, but the app can scan the device, can't connect the ble device, I test it on nexus 5, so I ask for some help.

Thanks.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Kevin,

Are you working with SDK 2.2.2?

WICED-Smart-SDK-2.2.2-IDE-Installer (Windows)

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello j.t

i am working on SDK 2.2.1 linux. and the 20737 can be connected by other app

0 Likes

I just want to verify that the following rules were followed during your OTA process, especially (a):

a. The update firmware must be signed with the same private/public key that the firmware running in the target WICED SMART tag

b. The update firmware must have the same ApplicationId as the firmware running in the target WICED SMART tag

c. The update firmware's MajorVersionNumber must be equal or greater than the MajorVersionNumber of the firmware running in the target WICED SMART tag

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also experienced this on the lg g2 running android 6.0 and the app just wouldn't connect to the module. The module was running the OTA example. In order to verify that it was the app with the issue and not the phone I tried to connect to the module using the nordic nrf master app and this worked fine. I then installed the app on a tablet running android kitkat and it was then able to connect to the module then. is the incompatibility with newer versions of android because of deprecated functions? if I not mistaken the android ble API has changed with newer versions of android. do the dev's have any intentions of updating the app to support newer versions of android?

@Sean yes you are right, there are many changes in BLE android api's from 5.0.0 to 6.0.0. Will work with engineers to get this updated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope it will update soon!

0 Likes