3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2016 12:50 PM by mkochhal

43341 (Inventek ISM43341_L77) module unable to come up in Application Mode (after JTAG programming)

mkochhal

Hi.

I am using the ISM43341_L77 which is a radio+ARM module without an EVB, as I have to finalize the layout of this module on our custom main board.

With JTAG flashing using Olimex, I can successfully download the Bootloader + DCT + Application.

However, the module does not come back up running the application.

My JTAG wiring is as follows:

(1) JTAG VREF (Pin 1) on Olimex --> 3v3

(2) JTAG TRST_N (Pin 3) on Olimex is connected to Module Pin 8, TRSTN with a 10K pull-up to 3v3

(3) JTAG TTDI (Pin 5) on Olimex is connected to Module Pin 6, TDI  with a 10K pull-up to 3v3

(4) JTAG TTMS (Pin 7) on Olimex is connected to Module Pin 4, TMS with a 10K pull-up to 3v3

(5) JTAG TTCK (Pin 9) on Olimex is connected to Module Pin 5, TCK with a 10K pull-up to 3v3

(6) JTAG TRTCK (Pin 11) on Olimex is floating (or NC)

(7) JTAG TTDO (Pin 13) on Olimex is connected to Module Pin 7, TDO with a 10K pull up to 3v3

(8) JTAG TSRST_N (Pin 15) on Olimex is left floating.

Boot0 (Pin 33) on the module is pulled down to GND with a 10K resistor.

RSTN (Pin 34) is pulled up to 3v3 with a 10K resistor.

I have tried toggling power to the board and the application does not come up. I am running the BLE proximity reporter, which does show up on the Light Blue App (on iOS Device). This is just for testing.

I have also removed the JTAG connection to the module, to make sure that the module does not remain in "Programming Mode".

Q. Is there a way to make sure that there is nothing else that forces the module to remain in Programming Mode?

Q. How can I make sure that the internal boot loader kicks in and boots from internal flash

Q. RSTN line (Pin 34) on the module is right now pulled up? Where does it connect to in the BCM943341WCD EVB? I couldn't locate this from the schematic?

Q. How can I know what is the state of the MCU after toggling power? I don't have an LED. Its just a module.

Q. I am investigating the use of some other PLL values for this module? (as identified elsewhere on this forum for being a cause to this problem)

Please help?