Please find the answer for your queries below.
1. Yes, it is required to unprotect a sector before performing a program or erase operation on a particular sector. Sector group protection feature disables both program and erase operations in any sector group.
2. We ship devices with all sector groups unprotected.
3. WP# pin has an internal pull up. When unconnected WP# pin will be at VIH level. It will not cause any program errors.
Could you please provide more details about this issue?
1. Please let us know the steps that you follow to recreate this issue in detail. How are you confirming that program operation has failed?
2. As per my understanding, you are facing issue with programming operation. Are you able to erase and read data from flash?
3. Ball B3 of the older device is NC (No Connect). Have you routed any other signal to this pin?
Thanks and Regards,
Thank you Sudheesh, for your quick advise. i will check and return to you.