USB - development tools

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KUn_4718781
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been working on a USB project using the various sample projects such as AN82072, and AN56377.  I have been using Creator 4.2 on the device side, and Visual C# on the PC side.  I am wondering if I'm missing out on some other tools?  I've stumbled across SuiteUSB and the Cypress USB Device Middleware library.  Should I be using these instead?  Or perhaps some other tool I haven't heard of?  Please let me know your thoughts.  I haven't even gotten past Generic HID devices to the other device classes yet.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello,

Its not clear what application you are trying to develop and which device you are targeting. Please elaborate on this.

Regarding the developement tools, follow the ANs you have mentioned. BUT, some of the libraries mentioned in the AN like SuiteUSB is deprecated and contains API libraries that don't support Windows 8 and above. You can find more information here

When developing the host application, you need to add the CyUSB.dll library which can find after installing the Cypress USB Suite. Please download the USB Suit Source from here: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit .

Do not use the Cypress USB Device Middleware library for this, Cypress USB Suite is the correct one for PSoC Creator.

Hope this helps

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello,

Its not clear what application you are trying to develop and which device you are targeting. Please elaborate on this.

Regarding the developement tools, follow the ANs you have mentioned. BUT, some of the libraries mentioned in the AN like SuiteUSB is deprecated and contains API libraries that don't support Windows 8 and above. You can find more information here

When developing the host application, you need to add the CyUSB.dll library which can find after installing the Cypress USB Suite. Please download the USB Suit Source from here: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit .

Do not use the Cypress USB Device Middleware library for this, Cypress USB Suite is the correct one for PSoC Creator.

Hope this helps

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes