2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2020 10:17 PM by JoCh_1493306

How to set CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT as AP instead of connecting to AP with ModusToolbox

JoCh_1493306

Hi,

I am trying to use ModusToolbox to program the CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT and set it as WiFi access point (AP). But all the examples (AnyCloud) I can find is for CY8CPROTO-062-4343W, and in the example document it doesn't say it can support CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT. Even for the Cypress Wi-Fi Connection Manager Library (file:///C:/Users/chenjo5/mtw/AnyCloud_TCP_Server/libs/wifi-connection-manager/docs/api_reference_manual/html/index.html) it says it can only support CY8CPROTO-062-4343W.

On the other hand, for the examples of CY8CPROTO-062-4343W, they have the dev board connect to an existing AP. I could not find an example of setting the dev board itself as AP and wait for other device to connect to it.

Before using ModusToolbox, I was using WICED Studio and I was able to set CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT as AP and had other devices to connect to it via WiFi.

So I have 2 questions:

1. What WiFi libraries do I use to program CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT and utilize its WiFi feature with ModusToolbox? Are they the same as CY8CPROTO-062-4343W?
      2. Is there any example or API I can use to set CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT as AP, instead of connecting to AP?

Thanks!