3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2020 4:30 AM by EktaN_26

SPI slave DMA with WiFi transfer throughput issue

EdPa_4705161

Hi,

I'm trying to use SPI slave DMA to receive a data from another device and transfer this data to PC via WiFi.

But I found the throughput was not enough (about 2.58 KB/s).

Could anyone help me to improve the performance?

EVB: CYW9P62S1-43438EVB-01

SDK: ModusToolbox_2.2.0.2801

SPI configuration:

2020-10-30_105444.jpg2020-10-30_105510.jpg

DMA configuration:

2020-10-30_105316.jpg

Edgar

• 1. Re: SPI slave DMA with WiFi transfer throughput issue
          EktaN_26

Hi Edgar,

Could you please provide your complete project archive?  The zip folder that you provided contains only the .c and .h files of the project.

Best Regards

Ekta

• 2. Re: SPI slave DMA with WiFi transfer throughput issue
            EdPa_4705161

Hi Ekta,

I attached my complete project archive.

Thank you for your help.

Edgar

• 3. Re: SPI slave DMA with WiFi transfer throughput issue
              EktaN_26

Hello Edgar,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

There are a few things that you can try:

1.The DMA runs on the clock_slow. In your design.modus the clock_slow is configured to work at a frequency of 50 Mhz. You can configure it to work at 100 Mhz. This can be done by changing the clock_peri divider in your project to 1.

2. Increase the priority of the DMA0 to the highest by using the following "Cy_Prot_ConfigBusMaster(CPUSS_MS_ID_DW0, false, true, 0); function.

3. You can also refer to the DMA Performance section in the Architecture TRM that mentions the number of clock cycles that would be required to complete a transfer. For a 1D transfer, the number of cycles required should be: 12+3*n+m, where n is the number of data elements to be transferred and m is the number of wait cycles.

In your project n = 100 (in the attached image) so that should be 312 cycles considering m to be zero.

The rest of the time that is being taken is occupied by the wait states.

Please refer to this thread: What is the Maximum DMA Speed for a PSoC 6? which mentions in detail how to achieve maximum throughput in case of a DMA transfer.

Best Regards

Ekta