2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2020 11:37 AM by RoHe_4796991

HCI Uart and Spi don't work at the same time

RoHe_4796991

Hello AnjanaM_61 and Cypress Team,

I'm using the CYW20706 part. My application requires the use of the SPI_1 bus. This bus uses the same physical pins as the PUART, so I've switched over to using the HCI UART is the debug interface. However, I noticed once I enable the SPI_1 bus, the HCI UART output is corrupted. I came across this earlier post which explains that the SPI_1 bus and HCI UART share a hardware fifo, and hence can't be used at the same time.

CYBT-343026 enabling peripheral SPI kills HCI UART

As I would like to use both the SPI bus and the HCI UART, I would like to disable the SPI bus when it is not needed so I can see debug information. How can the SPI bus be disabled / de-initialized? I initialize the SPI bus with this api call:

wiced_hal_pspi_init(......);

But the API doesn't seem to have a disable / de-initialize function, at least when acting as a SPI master.

As for the HCI UART, it appears I can enable and disable the HCI UART with these API calls:

enable:

wiced_set_debug_uart( WICED_ROUTE_DEBUG_TO_HCI_UART );

and disable:

wiced_set_debug_uart( WICED_ROUTE_DEBUG_NONE);

Please let me know how to disable / de-initialize the SPI bus so that I can use the HCI UART when I'm not using the SPI bus.

Thanks,

Rob