1. We have made some changes to FreeRTOS which may account for the differences.
2. We do intend to update to the latest FreeRTOS however doing so creates a large test burden as we must verify the behaviour for all our applications. We must also take into consideration the needs of customers who are in, or very near to, production and do not want to modify their RTOS at the last minute.
3. We have engaged with the FreeRTOS team and have discussed merging our changes back to the FreeRTOS mainline.
4. No specific reason for continuing with rc1 apart from the requirement to perform full regressions tests of all network features.
5. WICED can support multiple network stacks and we have spoken with the FreeRTOS team on porting their network stack to WICED however there are no specific plans to do so internally.
Can you expand on the changes made to common code that unfortunately increased your test burden?